Friday 12 July 2013

How to fill in the tracking sheet

Below, you will find a tracking sheet that has been filled in. I have planned all of my activities in blue pen at the start of my project and then revisited my plans in red pen throughout. In the notes section, i have included specific detail about my plans and progress as well as helpful resources. I have also used the spare rows to add in my own tasks...



Topic: The Mt Vesuvius eruption in the year 79 AD


Planned Date Finished
Actual Date Finished
Task
Notes
28 July
25th July
Research
Go to the library in holidays, look for books as well as use the computer at the library – ask Mum to take me. Will need to go at least twice.
We went! Thanks Mum!       http://geology.com/volcanoes/vesuvius, and “Vesuvius the Buried Treasure” – great resources!
26 July
 -
Ask my cousin for advice
When I go to stay at my cousins house at the end of the holidays, make sure I ask her about what i should include in my speech and how i should write it – get some tips!
Didnt end up going to stay at her house – stink! Will try and phone her next week
4th August
3rd August
Speech Writing
Use the weekend to finish – make sure its finished by MONDAY 4th!
DONE! Feels great that I am finished writing my speech!

6th August
6th August
Write onto  speech cards
Make sure I take card from school home.
Make sure i write only bullet points on cards! Not like last year!!!
Done! I am really happy with my speech cards – they are clear and concise!
13th August
Ongoing...
Practice
Read through speech each night – once from my full refill copy and once from my speech cards... See if i can improve each night!!!
I dont think I have been practicing enough!!! Must do more!

13th August
15th August
Find visual aids to use in my speech
Ring up my cousin and ask her for ideas on what i could include as ‘visual aids’
She gave me a great website to check out www.visualaidsforspeeches.com
Found great images and have baking soda and vinegar ready!
18th August
Ongoing...
Practice
Work on my body gestures and changing the way i talk to suit the speech content. Keep on practicing my speech, maybe once in the morning and twice at night.




20th AUGUST


PRESENT


No comments:

Post a Comment